Date Posted 01/October/2016
We strongly recommend you to read our Terms and Conditions section before Use of the Site.
eShopKwt.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- eShopKwt.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- Your privacy is important to us and we have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more information from you than is necessary for us to provide you with our services and to protect your account.
- We may collect the following information including, but not limited to: name, contact information including email address, demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests, user name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, gender, date and/or year of birth and user preferences ("Registration Information") may be collected at the time of user registration on the Site and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers. For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
- In connection with any transaction and payment services or services under our buyer protection schemes we provide on the Site, information, including but not limited to, bank account numbers, credit/debit card numbers and expiration dates but we don’t save them in our database you will enter the bank card details directly into Knet/PayPal/Bank website over a secure tunnel from our site to payment processor site using SSL certificate and billing and delivery information ("Account Information") may be collected to, among other things, facilitate the sale and purchase as well as the settlement of purchase price of the products or services transacted on or procured through the Sites.
- We record and retain details of users’ activities on the Sites. Information relating to such transactions including, but not limited to, the types and specifications of the goods, pricing and delivery information (“Activities Information”) Information related to Google Analytics may be collected when sale and purchase transactions are conducted on or facilitated through the Sites
- From time to time, we collect information about our users and prospective users during trade shows, industry events and other functions. The information we may collect at these locations may include, but is not limited to, user name, address, phone number, fax number and email address ("Event Information").
- We record and retain records of users' buying and browsing activities on our platform including but not limited to IP addresses, browsing patterns and buyer behavioral patterns. In addition, we gather statistical information about the Sites and visitors to the Sites including, but not limited to, IP addresses, browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions and unique visitors (together "Browsing Information").
- Registration Information, Account Information, Activities Information, Event Information and Browsing Information generally relate to business entities and are together referred to as business data (“Business Data”). Insofar and only insofar as they constitute personally identifiable data of living individuals, such information is together referred to as personal data (“Personal Data”).
- It is mandatory for users of the Site to provide certain categories of Business Data and Personal Data (as specified at the time of collection). In the event that users do not provide any or sufficient Business Data and/or Personal Data marked as mandatory, we may not be able to complete the registration process or provide such users with our products or services.
2. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and If you provide any Personal Data to us, you are deemed to have authorized us to collect, retain and use that Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Internal record keeping. performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve the content and layout of the Site, to improve our product offerings and services and for marketing and promotional purposes, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests. verifying your identity, verifying your eligibility to register as a user of the Site, processing your registration as a user, providing you with a log-in ID for the Site and maintaining and managing your registration, providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes, to facilitate communication on the Site and processing your transactions on the Sites,
- making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or as required by law, regulations and guidelines or in respect of any investigations, claims or potential claims brought on or against us.
3. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- You further agree that we may disclose and transfer (whether within or outside the jurisdiction of the eShopKwt.com entity that you are contracting with) your Personal Data to service providers engaged by us and/or other affiliated companies of the eShopKwt to assist us with providing you with our services (including but not limited to data entry, database management, promotions, products and services alerts, delivery services, payment extension services, our IT companies, Hosting providers, comprises a group of companies operating leading online and mobile marketplaces in consumer and business-to-business commerce, as well as cloud computing and other services. membership authentication and verification services and logistics services) ("Service Providers"). These Service Providers are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only permitted to use your Personal Data in connection with the purposes specified above, and not for their own purposes.
- When necessary we may also disclose and transfer (whether within or outside the jurisdiction of the eShopKwt entity that you are contracting with) your Personal Data to our professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory and other organizations for the purposes specified at above.
- Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by us and will be accessible by our employees, any Service Providers engaged by us and third parties referred to above, for or in relation to any of the purposes stated above.
- All Voluntary Information may be made publicly available on the Sites and therefore accessible by any internet user. Any Voluntary Information that you disclose to us becomes public information and you relinquish any proprietary rights (including but not limited to the rights of confidentiality and copyright) in such information. You should exercise caution when deciding to include personal or proprietary information in the Voluntary Information that you submit to us.
- We may share your Account Information with banks or vendors to enable your transactions on the Site to be completed. In addition, we may use your Account Information to determine your credit-worthiness and, in the process of such determination, we may need to make such Account Information available to banks or credit agencies. While we have in place up-to-date technology and internal procedures to keep your Account Information and other Personal Data secure from intruders, there is no guarantee that such technology or procedures can eliminate all of the risks of theft, loss or misuse.
- We may provide statistical information to third parties, but when we do so, we do not provide personally-identifying information without your permission.
4. RIGHT TO ACCESS/CORRECT PERSONAL DATA
Under the applicable laws, you have the right of access to personal information held by us and to request correction of the information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyses data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
6. SECURITY MEASURES
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We employ commercially reasonable security methods to prevent unauthorized access to the Sites, to maintain data accuracy and to ensure the correct use of the information we hold.
For registered users of the Sites, your Registration Information and Account Information (if any) can be viewed and edited through your account, which is protected by a password. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Our personnel will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. If you share a computer with others, you should not choose to save your log-in information (e.g., user ID and password) on that shared computer. Remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your session.
No data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect the information we hold for you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
8. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
9. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to +965 60989891.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
10. YOUR FEEDBACK
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
||The association with your shopping cart.
||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
||Your preferred currency
||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
||Stores the Customer Segment ID
||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
||You sesssion ID on the server.
||Allows guests to edit their orders.
||The last category you visited.
||The most recent product you have viewed.
||Indicates whether a new message has been received.
||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
||Information on what polls you have voted on.
||The items that you have recently compared.
||Information on products you have emailed to friends.
||The store view or language you have selected.
||The products that you have recently viewed.
||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
||The number of items in your Wishlist.